Friday, July 15, 2011

Best RED Hair Color!

I'm always in search for the next best thing...and that certainly applies when it comes to red hair color. I've had red hair for a little over a year now and have been almost every shade of red imaginable. For those of you that have gone red before, you will know it fades quickly. There's a lot of maintenance required,  but if you're up for the challenge, it's worth it. Red heads definitely have the MOST fun...

First off some of my favorite red colors are the following:

L'oreal Feria Power Reds R68 Ruby Rush


Manic Panic Vampire Red, Pillerbox & Wildfire


L'oreal Excellence HiColor in Red Fire


Wella 77/44...this cut and color was by Nadia at Tanas Salon...she's great!

and my new favorite!...Chi Ionic 6RR with Chi Infra High Lift in RR...the high lift is perfect for girls with dark hair that don't want to pre bleach!


 

The Chi color is so bright and fun...but be warned, it stains your skin and shower! EEK...

Red really has been the most fun of any color, and if you know me...you know I constantly change my hair...enjoy some photos of them below XO













 Just a few quick tips on keeping your red last longer...

Do not wash your hair every day. This will keep the color longer. Opt for a dry shampoo every other day.

When you do wash your hair, use COLD water. I know it sucks but the cold water helps to seal the hair cuticle!

I use a vegetable dye color like manic panic and use it with my shampoo once a week to add pigment/color to the hair in between colorings.

Most importantly...just have fun with it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I wanted to know, in the tone 77/44 Wella, how many volumes was lightening water you used? please send me a email malexgo16@hotmail.com thx :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE YOU TRIED THE WELLA MAGMA, AND IN WHAT COLOR??
    ALLISON.PAYNE@ONTARIO.CA

    ReplyDelete