Sunday, June 26, 2011

How to wear GLiTTER

Glitter is not just for 12 year olds! There's a way to wear it and give your eyes a pop without it making you look like the lady who wishes she was still in high school!

This works with any of your favorite looks. I like to do golds/browns with a little glitter to give it a POP. I also have done it with white, purple, blue...etc.

To begin with this look I primed my entire eye from lid to brow (I even prime my brows so my brow powder stays on longer). I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance...by far the best eye primer around, and it's parobin free!


For the shadow I used Too Faced Natural Eye Kit. They have beautiful  highly pigmented colors! (They also come with 3 idea cards to show you exactly how to do it yourself)



I first brushed Heaven (a neutral/light color) from lid to brow. I then pat on honey pot, a beautiful gold color on the lid and underneath the eye. That's followed with cocoa puff, a dark brown, in the corner and blended inward. I also do a touch of heaven again in the inner corner for an extra pop! Line your top lashes with your favorite brown liner...stay close to lash line.



Next I take Too Faced Glitter Glue, a tacky primer that holds on to loose pigments and glitter.

I then take an angled brush, like the one provided in the Natural Eye Kit, and
PAT the Glitter Glue over the Honey Pot shadow on the lower lid...make sure you pat and don't drag so the shadow stays in place.


Then take your favorite glitter...I like Too Faced Glamour Dust in Nude Beam or NYX Glitter Powder in GOLD

Place a little in the lid or on a disposable plate or palette


Using the same angled brush as before (clean it first) pat the glitter on top of the glue on the bottom lid




You should have a result like this that stays on all day without glitter everywhere!


Add your favorite mascara and you are glam and ready to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment